2017 Fall Education Workshops
Thank you to everyone who attended! The Education workshops will be back in 2018.
Area 5 presents our annual one-day workshops for ringers and directors, offering opportunities for repertoire reading and improving techniques, rhythm, coordination, musicality, and other aspects of handbell ringing. Each state will have one or more locations for you to choose from.
All workshops will be $25 for HMA members and $30 for non-members. Online registration will be available soon.
Come to a workshop near you this fall!
Saturday, September 30, 2017
10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Orchard Park Presbyterian Church
1605 E. 106th St., Indianapolis, IN 46280
Clinician: Joe Galyon
Saturday, October 14, 2017
10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Prince of Peace Lutheran Church
1747 W. Milham Ave, Portage, MI 49024
Clinician: Janet VanValey
Kentucky, Ohio & West Virginia: Fall 2017 Traveling Handbell Workshops
This fall, an experienced handbell clinician will travel to your church or location and lead your rehearsal with your music. Directors will consult with the clinician prior to the event to highlight areas of growth for the choir. Sessions will be available between mid-September and early November according to your rehearsal schedule. The cost for up to a 2 hour rehearsal will be $50 for your entire choir.
To register, contact your State Chair to get the process started!
- In Kentucky, please contact Kelly Johns at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Ohio, please contact Stephanie Nash at email@example.com
- In West Virginia, please contact Lois Coffey at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indiana: Jimmie Bennett, email@example.com
- Kentucky: Kelly Johns, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michigan: Judy Phillips, email@example.com
- Ohio: Stephanie Nash, firstname.lastname@example.org
- West Virginia: Lois Coffey, email@example.com
- Registration Questions: Dave Baker, firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Questions: Denise Holmes, email@example.com