2018 Fall Education Opportunities
Area 5 presents our annual one-day education events for ringers and directors, offering opportunities for repertoire reading and improving techniques, rhythm, coordination, musicality, and other aspects of handbell ringing. Each state will have one or more locations for you to choose from.
Come to an event near you this Fall!
Saturday, October 13, 2018
10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Cross of Grace Lutheran Church
3519 S 600 W, New Palestine, IN 46163
Clinician: Rhonda Blacklock, Director – Purdue Bells
$25 for HMA members
$30 for non-members
Click here for a printable postcard
Saturday, September 8, 2018
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Central United Methodist Church
3882 Highland Rd, Waterford Twp, MI 48328
Clinician: Judy Phillips and Donna Hughes, with members of Bellissima!
Saturday, September 29, 2018
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
First United Methodist Church
777 Eight Mile Rd, Northville, MI 48167
Clinician: Ann Wood
Kentucky, Ohio & West Virginia: Fall 2018 Traveling Handbell Workshops
This fall, an experienced handbell clinician will travel to your church or location and lead your rehearsal with your music. Directors will consult with the clinician prior to the event to highlight areas of growth for the choir. Sessions will be available between mid-September and early November according to your rehearsal schedule. The cost for up to a 2 hour rehearsal will be $50 for your entire choir, unless other arrangements are made.
To register, contact your State Chair to get the process started!
- In Kentucky, please contact Kelly Johns at email@example.com
- In Ohio, please contact Stephanie Nash at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In West Virginia, please contact Rob Hrezo at email@example.com
- Indiana: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kentucky: Kelly Johns, email@example.com
- Michigan: Judy Phillips, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ohio: Stephanie Nash, email@example.com
- West Virginia: Rob Hrezo, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration Questions: Dave Baker, email@example.com
- General Questions: Denise Holmes, firstname.lastname@example.org