Area 5 of Handbell Musicians of America is handling all voting for its area board elections via electronic, online ballot. To vote, members will need to log in to their member account, enter their selections in the online ballot, and submit it to confirm their selections. Below are step-by-step instructions for voting. But first, here are answers to some basic questions about the process.
Voting has now ended.
When Can I Vote?
The voting period is APRIL 15 – MAY 15, 2017. Beginning on APRIL 15, the VOTE NOW buttons on this page will go live, and the online ballot will be available for casting your vote. The VOTE NOW button will disappear, making the ballot unavailable, on MAY 15, 2017.
How Do I Access My Online Account?
If you are a member, you already have an account. You simply need to enter your user name and password in the spaces indicated on the national website, or when prompted after clicking the VOTE NOW button, to access it online. If you’ve forgotten your password or haven’t yet created a username and password, follow these simple steps.
1. Go to the national website, www.HandbellMusicians.org, click on the “Log In” link.
2. This will take you to the login page. If you’ve never logged in before, but you are a current member, then you already have an account. Since an account has already been created for you, DO NOT click on the “Create Account” button. Instead, click on the “Forgot Password” link.
3. This will take you to a page titled “Help with My Account”. This page is the place to be even if you haven’t yet set up your username and password. You must enter the EMAIL CONTACT YOU PROVIDED WHEN YOU JOINED. If you are not sure what email address is on your account, or you have not yet provided an email address, please contact the national office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 937-438-0085.
4. Once you have entered your email address, click on “Send Recovery Email”.
5. This will generate an email message to the address you provided with a link to reset your password. Your login name is your email address.
What If I Don’t Remember My Username and/or Password?
Follow the steps above. An email will be generated to the email address provided with your log in credentials.
What If I Don’t Have Access to the Internet? Is There Another Way to Vote?
To ensure each member only votes once, and to maintain the security of the voting process, only votes submitted through the online ballot will be accepted. If you do not have a computer or Internet access at home, we recommend you utilize the computer services offered by your public library or seek the assistance of a friend or family member.
Where Can I Find Information About the Candidates?
Biographies, photos, and answers to basic questions for each candidate is available at 2017 Elections page.
How to Vote
- Carefully review all candidate information and make note of your choices in each category before moving to the next step.
- When the VOTE NOW button is active, between APRIL 15 and MAY 15, 2017, click that button.
- If you are not already logged in to your member account, you will be prompted to log in.
- After logging in, you will be automatically directed to the voting ballot. During the log in process, the system will confirm that you have not already voted and that the account you’ve logged in to has a current membership that includes voting privileges.
- Carefully make your selections for Chair-Elect (1), Secretary (1), and Treasurer (1).
- Review your ballot carefully to make sure it is correct.
- Click submit at the bottom of the ballot to enter your final vote.
- Once submitted, a vote cannot be changed or edited. National and area staff and board members do not have access to the ballot or to submitted votes.
- Votes will be counted and results calculated by the NEON database system and cannot be accessed or altered by staff or board members of Handbell Musicians of America.
Election results will be announced by the Area Board on or before JUNE 1, 2017.
If you need assistance logging in to your account or setting up your username and password, please contact the national office at email@example.com or by calling 937-438-0085.