For sale: Petit en Fritzen Handbells
23 Petit en Fritzen Handbells, with 2 cases, and tightening screw driver.
C 25, D 27, D#28, E 29, F 30, F#31, G 32, A 34, A#35, B 36, C 37, C#38, D 39, D#40, E 41, F 42, F#43, G 44, G#45, A 46, A#47, B 48, C 49
In very good condition, normal wear and tear. Would be a delightful addition to any music program. Best offer over $1900.00 + shipping.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
For sale: Corduroy table covers
For sale: Corduroy table covers, 2 sets
27′ maroon – $200
30′ royal blue (has pockets) – $300
Prices negotiable. Will gladly bring to Area 5 festival in Charleston, WVa in April, or to National Seminar in Grand Rapids, MI in July. Contact: Kathy Kellum, email@example.com, 513-218-5812, Trinity United Methodist Church Milford, Ohio.
Music and Artistic Director
The Kalamazoo Ringers – Kalamazoo, Michigan
Do you shine in front of a crowd? Do you exhibit the decorum befitting the public face of an accomplished music group? Do you love making music with dedicated volunteer musicians? The Kalamazoo Ringers‘ beloved founder and Music Director, Janet VanValey, is retiring after 37 years of dedication to The Kalamazoo Ringers (KR). You may think that KR has some pretty big shoes to fill and you may be right. But KR’s members unanimously voted to continue as stewards to the handbell community and with that decision, a new director will be selected to start September 4th for the 2018-19 season. The Kalamazoo Ringers are not just a community-based, independent musical ensemble. They are an advanced (bronze level) choir and part of a national musical organization – The Handbell Musicians of America who have the motto of “Uniting people through a musical art”.
- Primary conductor and artistic leader for live and recorded performances (~ 8 per year)
- Responsible for selection of repertoire, and overall musical judgments (including edits, additions, deletions, interpretations, rearranging of and scripting for that music)
- Responsible for rehearsals including finalizing ringing positions and assignments
- Works in conjunction with the elected officers in regards to matters such as personnel, and annual budget
- Presents all invitations to the full choir for acceptance and negotiates concert fees, with a fee scale being approved by the full choir
- Selects section leaders, substitute ringers, guest musicians, and guest conductors
- Sets musical goals; members are expected to use all the tools provided to them to reach those goals
- Attends handbell festivals, conferences, and other workshops to further enhance their leadership and handbell ringing skills
- The Music Director will be paid an annual stipend, the amount to be approved by a majority vote of the membership, and will be as specified in an Employment Agreement
A successful bronze level handbell Music Director possesses a special set of skills/qualifications.
- Experience programming and hosting music programs
- Dynamic public speaking
- In-depth knowledge of music
- Ability to effectively recruit, train, and lead musicians
- Proficient in at least one performance area, such as keyboard, organ, choral or voice
- Strive to continually learn the growing art of handbell playing and music
- Music degree and prior handbell ringing and/or directing experience
- Minimum five years musical directing experience
- Knowledge and skill in directing and teaching handbell choirs
- Good communication, organizational, and follow-through skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Self-motivated, efficient, and creative
- Ability in wide range of style including Christian classics (hymns) but with a focus on contemporary music.
- Dependable, decisive, open-minded, and self-motivated.
Individuals, meeting the necessary qualifications and who share KR’s vision, are encouraged to apply. Send cover letter and résumé to:
Kalamazoo Ringers Advisory Committee
5393 Woodrush Avenue
Kalamazoo, MI 49009
Or via email: Kzooringers@gmail.com
The position will remain open until filled.
Post Your Ad Here!
Do you have a set of handbells that needs a new home? Or does your ensemble have an opening for a prospective ringer? Or are you looking for a new handbell choir director? Reach out to the Area 5 community by posting your advertisement here! You can also chat with our membership on Facebook.
To submit an advertisement to the Area 5 Classifieds Page email the following information to our Webmaster:
- Brief description
- Location (city and state)
- Organization and/or Contact name
- Contact information (email or phone number)
- Organization website (optional)
- Listing end date, if applicable
DISCLAIMER: Area 5 offers this listing space at no charge for notices of interest to the handbell community. Area 5 assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, veracity, availability, timeliness, and reliability of these listings, and makes no warranty or guarantee regarding any of the products or services listed herein. Any questions regarding a listing should be directed to the original poster. If no end date is given, the listing will be deleted after three (3) months.